from HTYP, the free directory anyone can edit if they can prove to me that they're not a spambot
- /usr/share/redmine -- stuff that doesn't change; sample config files
- /usr/share/redmine/public -- web site (public html)
- /etc/redmine/ -- contains the configurations for each Redmine site on the server
- /etc/redmine/default -- default name for first site
- /var/lib/redmine/default/files -- where uploads are stored (for "default" site)
Redmine uses Ruby on Rails (RoR), so it helps to know something about how RoR works when diagnosing problems with Redmine configurations. Many problems may in fact be RoR issues rather than Redmine issues.
- HowTo Migrate Redmine to a new server to a new Redmine version (oldish)
- Migrating from other systems: importing specific types of data from other software into Redmine
- Moving Redmine from server to server (short)
- HowTo configure Apache to run Redmine
- 2008-03-14 deleting users - maybe there's a better way by now?
- How to move wiki pages to another project's wiki
- Subpages: unlike with MediaWiki, the Redmine wiki database explicitly supports parent-child relationships between pages. To attach a subpage to its parent page, "Rename" the page and then select the desired parent page from the dropdown box. (This is described here also.) The page name does not actually change (unless you actually change it), so the "Redirect existing links" checkbox is irrelevant.
- edit an issue (as opposed to adding an update entry) -- assuming your role has the necessary permission, there is supposed to be "more" link next to the "Change properties" header. If you click on that, it will let you edit the original issue description. However, this doesn't seem to work in Redmine 2.x. What still does work is if you go to the issue list, hover over the line for the issue you want to edit (anywhere that isn't a link) -- the mouse cursor changes a bit to add a sort of box/stack shape on its lower right -- and then right-click. You will get a custom Redmine menu. Clicking "Edit" lets you edit the original issue description.
- 2016-05-17 blank site after upgrade; "deprecation notices" error from dispatch.fcgi (no replies as of 2016-06-14)
- 2014-05-20 Trying to install Redmine on CentOS without access to mod_ruby or FastCGI