Group-Office is a free/open-source groupware package that also has a premium (paid) version with more features. Unlike most web software packages, it is available for repository-based installation for Debian or Ubuntu, allowing for easier installation and maintenance.
- Version 3.5.12 has an email sorting bug.
When installed from a repository, Group-Office keeps some files completely outside of the public web folders:
- The apt-get installation process creates a link to this folder from a location in the web server file area, rather than just putting the files there.
- /etc/groupoffice contains configuration files, one of which (config.php) specifies the locations of other key folders:
- $config['root_path'] (/home/groupoffice by default) contains some data files
- $config['file_storage_path'] (/home/groupoffice/something by default) specifies the folder where the "file" module stores files
- $config['local_path'] (/home/groupoffice/local/ by default): purpose unknown