PHP is a popular target for criticism, but much of it seems to be based on either (a) older versions of PHP, identifying problems which have since been fixed, or (b) based on a lack of understanding (e.g. of language genres in general or the options available for doing things properly).
- PHP Sadness: some carefully-documented issues with PHP, actively maintained
- 2012-04-09 PHP: a fractal of bad design
- 2006-07-22 Why Global Variables in PHP is Bad Programming Practice
- 2004-04-18 un-PHP-ing my web site: a LiveJournal entry critical of PHP
- 2015-12-16 Contempt Culture "I'd been making critical comments about PHP the language, and PHP developers, nothing more than standard “PHP sucks” sort of language. The same thing I'd been doing, and supported in doing, for years. [..] Getting called out was hard..."