- fighting spam posts in MediaWiki
- ampersandbot: a bot for pre-testing site/page vulnerability, perhaps?
The wikispammers are getting weird. A series of posts last night on vbzwiki:
- at the end of the FAQ page, the text "ABCD ABCD ABCD" by a user with IP address 188.8.131.52
- one second later, a new page called "Credit cards" is created from the same IP address, containing only the text "All about the best credit card sites..."
- two seconds after that, a user with IP address 184.108.40.206 adds a link to the Isaac Newton Group of Telescopes
- five seconds after that, the first user replaces the "ABCD" text on the FAQ page with an internal link displaying the words "Credit_cards" but linking to a non-existent page called "Best Credit Cards"
And that's all. The single outside link is a legitimate one which could certainly be posted here in HTYP on the Spain page (well, ok, I had to create that page, but the link certainly could have been left on the to be filed page).