The term "spam" originally referred only to unsolicited email, but has broadened in usage to include any kind of unsolicited electronic advertisement or communication (e.g. phone solicitations are often described as "spam calls"; advertising links posted on a wiki page is "wikispam"; spam posted in the comments of a blog is "blogspam" or "comment spam").
- SpamCop.net: email spam-blocking and reporting service
- Abusive Hosts Blocking Service
- Mike's Ad Blocking Hosts file: a way to blacklist ad servers using network configuration
- Spamtrap: performance art which not only literally destroys spam, but reports the spammers too
- 2007-02-17 few things tick me off like spam by "False Data"
- 2007-04-10 who's behind criminal bot networks? by Bob Sullivan
- 2006-09-15 Anti-spam group to keep company on list by Carla K. Johnson (AP)
- 2006-09-07 Appeals Court Judges Sick Of Spam Too; Uphold Spammer Conviction
- 2006-02-23 Malware Honeypot Projects Merge (maybe this should end up in an article on malware)
- 2006-02-19 Invasion of the Computer Snatchers (slashdot)
- 2006-01-24 'Zombie master' pleads guilty to PC hijacking
- 2004-11-18 Bill Gates 'most spammed person': "At the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos in January, Mr Gates predicted that technology would make spam "a thing of the past" within two years." Still waiting on that one...