- center an image: two methods
- publish latest changes:
- click on pencil (top left)
- click on "Publish Page" button
- make a horizontal navigation (menu) bar:
- hover over the sitewide navigation area
- click on the drop-down description
- select "add block"
- in the palette that appears on the left, look under "navigation" and drag an "auto-nav" tool over to where you want it (I think... something like that)
- ...and then there was a semi-obvious tweak to get it to be horizontal rather than vertical, but I found it by poking around in the tool's settings
- add a blog to a site: this explains how, but I had difficulties.