(Redirected from audio (Linux))
- Linux music production: techniques & software specifically for music production (e.g. MIDI, loops)
- Linux audio production: audio production (typically involving multitrack, high sampling rates/depths, etc.)
- Sound and MIDI Software For Linux: mirror/replacement for linux-sound.org
- Sound & MIDI Software For Linux
- Linux audio: guide to audio apps/systems in Linux
If sound won't work, here are some things to check.
- Go into any of the mixer applications and make sure nothing important is muted
- /dev/audio and /dev/dsp
- permissions should be set up so you can read and write; typically, they will be owned by user "root" and group "audio", with read/write permission for user and group, and you must belong to the "audio" group.
- lsof each of these files (e.g. "lsof /dev/audio") to be sure neither is locked by another application (some audio applications can crash while leaving the audio device locked). Once unlocked after having been locked, you may need to restart the audio system for it to work again.