Wheels (Durham, NC)
Wheels in Durham, NC is a recreational facility containing a roller-skating rink in one building and an indoor playcenter (one of those habitrail-esque things you sometimes find at fast food restaurants, only somewhat larger) in another. There are also some outdoor facilities.
As of 2006-09-25 or earlier, free wireless internet (provided by Clearwire) is available in the play-structure area (and possibly elsewhere). (Have not actually seen this in action, but there were certainly instructions on how to use it sitting in plain sight. --Woozle 09:37, 28 September 2006 (EDT))
As of 2006-09-20 or so (some of these were verbal, not written):
- 2 hours of playtime $5.75; age 2 years and under $2.75.
- Play structure use is limited to height 4'11" and under.
- Parties – $89.95 includes:
- up to 2 hours use of the space (presumably shared with other customers) – either in the play structure building or in the skating building
- up to 10 guests
- cake and drinks (pizza is extra, available from snack stand).
- Free Skating all night Sundays (unverified)
Coming from I-85 (either direction): exit onto 70. Cheek Road is the first exit, on the right. The exit loops around to face north again; turn right (east) onto Cheek Road. Some maps will show Hoover as the first intersection after you cross back over 70; this is wrong. Go through the traffic lights (first intersection) and take the first right after that (Hoover Road). Wheels will be on the right, with signs as shown above.
- official site
- Citysearch listing with user reviews
- Netscape/AOL yellowpages listing with user reviews
- VisitNC listing
Photos taken 2006-02-25
The exterior shots are more or less in order panning from left to right, starting from the south view along Hoover and ending with the north view.