- Purpose: containers in which stock may be found
- Refers to: stk_places
- Referenced by: stk_lines
- WhenCreated can be NOT NULL if you don't have any legacy data to deal with.
- isForShip eventually got added because I kept forgetting to use WhenVoided, and I finally decided that it wasn't redundant to have a flag specifically for this attribute. It has two meanings which may eventually need to be separated into separate fields:
- A. FALSE = do not ship this item, even though we have it on site (why would this happen? not sure if needed)
- B. FALSE = this bin is not physically accessible to the shipping department; items must be shipped by someone at that location or sent here to be shipped from this location. This meaning should actually be reflected by the Warehouse set in stk_places, but that's going to take a little thinking to implement that properly because it's hierarchical. Administrators operating at a given location should only be able to move items into (or out of) bins at that location. Right now, we just globally say that some bins are unreachable: not as good, but much easier to implement. Fix later.
- isEnabled (DEPRECATED): TRUE = this bin is in a Place that is currently valid, usable, etc. FALSE = this bin should be treated as unshippable and unsellable even if isForShip and isForSale are marked TRUE
- It looks like this was intended to be calculated from the status of the parent Place; possibly it should just be eliminated.
- 2011-04-01 added WhenCounted field -- for some reason, I thought this field was already here, but obviously it needs to be so we can track which bins are due for inventorying
- 2012-02-06 added isEnabled field
- 2015-11-17 added WhenEdited field
- 2017-03-24 deprecating isEnabled field
- 2017-09-05 Changed MyISAM to InnoDB
<mysql>DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `stk_bins`; CREATE TABLE `stk_bins` (
`ID` INT(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `ID_Place` INT(11) NOT NULL COMMENT 'stk_places.ID', `Code` VARCHAR(15) NOT NULL COMMENT 'code name, e.g. NC01 -- must appear on outside of box', `Descr` VARCHAR(63) DEFAULT NULL COMMENT 'brief summary of contents', `WhenCreated` DATETIME DEFAULT NULL COMMENT 'date when container was added to the database', `WhenEdited` DATETIME DEFAULT NULL COMMENT 'date when container record was last edited', `WhenVoided` DATETIME DEFAULT NULL COMMENT 'date when container was destroyed or removed from usage', `WhenTainted` DATETIME DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "if NOT NULL, this bin needs re-inventorying", `WhenCounted` DATETIME DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "timestamp of when bin's contents were last inventoried", `isForSale` TINYINT(1) DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "TRUE = this item is visible to customers as stock", `isForShip` TINYINT(1) DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "TRUE = this item is available for filling orders", `isEnabled` TINYINT(1) DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "DEPRECATED; do not use; will be removed soon", `Notes` TEXT, PRIMARY KEY (`ID`)