Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Purpose: Core customer table – all the other customer data tables point to this one
- ID_Repl: If non-null, then this customer ID has been consolidated with the customer whose ID is in ID_Repl; whenever/wherever possible, replace occurrences of this ID with the value of the corresponding ID_Repl.
- WhenCreated: This should be NOT NULL on systems with no legacy data
- WhenChanged: when the contact's dependent records (address, emails, etc.) were last modified (probably not implemented much)
- WhenUpdated: When this record was last modified
- 2009-07-09 moved to separate wiki page; no design changes
- 2011-11-29 added WhenUpdated field
- 2013-10-10 added ID_User and Title fields (see core_users for rules)
- 2016-06-12 switching definitions of WhenChanged and WhenUpdated
- Only one record had WhenUpdated set; very few have WhenChanged set.
- renamed from "core_custs" to "cust" so it will group with the other customer tables
- removed NOT NULL constraint on ID_Name because we need to create this record before we create the cust_names record
- perhaps we can make this unnecessary later with transactions? but it messes with debugging, even so, so maybe we should just put in a post-creation test to make sure all necessary fields got filled in (log data error if not)
CREATE TABLE `cust` ( `ID` INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `ID_Name` INT DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "cust_names.ID of default name", `ID_Addr` INT DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "cust_addrs.ID of default address", `ID_User` INT DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "core_users.ID of user for this customer", `Title` VARCHAR(127) DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "user-entered title for this customer profile", `Notes` VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "admin-entered notes about this customer", `ID_Repl` INT DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "core_custs.ID of replacement", `WhenCreated` DATETIME /*NOT NULL*/ COMMENT "when this record was created", `WhenUpdated` DATETIME DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "when this record was last updated", `WhenChanged` DATETIME DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "when this record's dependent data was last edited", PRIMARY KEY(`ID`) ) ENGINE = InnoDB;