Jump to navigation Jump to search
Git is a version control system based on a powerful distributed model.
- GUI clients:
- 10.6 Git Internals - Transfer Protocols: could be used to implement a Git server
- services - free/open source web-based repository/project managers:
- Error Code 403 fatal: HTTP request failed may indicate a bad password. I've found that sometimes the password either doesn't paste properly or else isn't being accepted the first time; trying again with the same password may work. (The password is not displayed, so I'm not sure which it is.)
- /color prompt: show Git status in the prompt, in colors
- Oh Shit, Git!?!: solutions to frequently encountered situations in Git
- How to Rename the
mainin Git: the GitHub portion of this is also doable in GitLab, though the process is slightly different.
- Change the default branch-name:
- How can I create a Git repository with the default branch name other than "master"?: This lets you change the default name of the branch that is created for new repositories.
- Pro Git
- 1.3 Getting Started - Git Basics
- 1.6 Getting Started - Getting Help
- 2. Git Basics - "If you can read only one chapter to get going with Git, this is it. This chapter covers every basic command you need to do the vast majority of the things you’ll eventually spend your time doing with Git."
- 4.4 Git on the Server - Setting Up the Server
- Learn to use Git @ Code School (free registration required)
- 2019-03-05 Building software together with Git: a non-technical introduction