Discord's functionality can be enhanced a fair amount by using bots to automatically handle various tasks. Discord explicitly supports the usage of bots without requiring them to go through an existing user account.
Note: somewhere, there is a semi-official directory of Discord bots... find this and add it here
- HaileyBot: a general-purpose bot, hosted elsewhere
- LoggerBot by Martacus: GitHub
- or should it be DiscordBot?
- Nadeko: a general-purpose bot that runs on Linux (presumably open-source)
- PluralKit: a bot for multiple systems to be able to speak as individuals while connecting from a single account
- Discord Chat Explorer (recommended by mek) - apparently doesn't include edits, though