CPSC Plans Announcement
Central Park School for Children Plans Announcement (half-page notice sent home with kids 2006-01-09)
Happy New Year Central Park Families!
We are making plans about our work that we'd like to share. As a staff we have spent time reflecting on some school practices and looking at ways we can make learning more enriching. Here are a few of the practices we want to broaden to give students a stronger foundation.
- Assemblies – To showcase more of what students are learning, and introduce routines and procedures for the whole school
- Conflict-resolution groups – Teaching all children how to resolve differences verbally
- Lunch Program – Open to all families (TBA)
- School Newspaper – Students will produce, school-wide
- Cross grade level projects such as peer buddies, book buddies and mentors
- School-wide exhibits / Special enrichment projects – Science exhibits
- Standardizing portfolios – Looking at what we include as assessment for each student
- As a staff, we are committed to ongoing staff development on project-based learning, conflict resolution, developmental reading assessment and differential instruction.
We appreciate your patience and co-operation as we educate ourselves to better educate your children.
We appreciate all of your volunteer hours and constructive feedback to help us grow.