General & Reference
- arXiv.org: "Open access to e-prints in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Quantitative Biology"
- HV Wiki: for "science, engineering, and technology, especially by hobbyists at home".
- Issuepedia: Corruption in academia
Areas of Science
- BioForge: "a new community for biological innovation" (sort of like SourceForge, but for bioscience)
- BioRoot: for information and materials sharing in the biological sciences
- The Synaptic Leap: "Open-Source Biomedical Research"
- Tree of Life taxonomy project
- Wikiomics Bioinformatics Wiki
- not yet reviewed:
- Quantum Physics
- explanatory series by Eliezer Yudkowsky at Overcoming Bias:
- In the beginning was the bit: Anton Zeilinger's information-theory-based explanation
- Society for Amateur Scientists: "Helping ordinary people do extraordinary science"