A mesh network is a computer network in which each node is not only an end-node but also must pass through data for other nodes. Mesh networks are more redundant than many other topologies, as there are generally multiple routes from any point to any other point, so there are fewer single-point failure modes.
- 2013-08-19 How to Keep the NSA Out of Your Computer "He and his fellow Athenians built it. They did so by linking up a set of rooftop wifi antennas to create a "mesh," a sort of bucket brigade that can pass along data and signals."
- 2011-11-23 Wary Of SOPA, Reddit Users Aim To Build A New, Censorship-Free Internet
- 2011-02-11 16+ Projects & Initiatives Building Ad-Hoc Wireless Mesh Networks
- 2011-02-10 How To Set Up An Open Mesh Network in Your Neighborhood
- 2011-01-28 Get Internet Access When Your Government Shuts It Down
- Byzantium "is a live Linux distribution that delivers easy-to-use, secure, and robust mesh networking capabilities."
- Freifunk Rhineland (German)
- Hyperboria: building a secure mesh network through the existing internet
- Let's build a decentralized mesh Wi-Fi.: just-barely-interactive map
- Open-Mesh: a company that makes dedicated open mesh hardware
- OM2P 802.11n High Power Mini-Router
- Planning & Installation Guide for Cloudtrax Networks
- 2013-01-24 Internet Connected Wireless Networks with Linux Gateways