getting a US passport

from HTYP, the free directory anyone can edit if they can prove to me that they're not a spambot
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Earth: United States: passports

This page is a seed article. You can help HTYP water it: make a request to expand a given page and/or donate to help give us more writing-hours!


from Woozle

If you have an expired US passport and are lucky enough to meet the qualifications, you can renew your passport by mail. For those who don't, you have to apply in person. There are apparently a dozen or so regional passport agencies (listed here), but these are too far away for many people.

Fortunately, there are also about 7,000 "local passport acceptance offices". Unfortunately, on the day I was researching this, the official listing site was apparently down (returning a "403 you don't have permission" error), so I had to hunt around quite a bit to find an alternative source for that information.