- Purpose: list of places from which files may be slurped into the main repository.
- This exists mainly for legacy and porting purposes. Maybe it doesn't need to exist at all; it was mainly useful when hosting disk space was limited.
- 2010-11-15 Created in order to deal with the fact that we're going to have more than one base URL for images (so we can upload new images to the wiki -- or whatever image server is handy -- and access them directly from there).
- 2010-11-16 Decided to rename Spec to PathPart for coding clarity.
- 2017-07-21 Rethinking purpose. Removed ID_Parent, changed MYISAM to InnoDB.
- 2017-07-22 Renamed from cat_folders to fm_folder (fm = file management); probably more changes to come.
<mysql> CREATE TABLE `fm_folder` (
ID INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, PathPart VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL COMMENT "relative filespec - the part of the path from parent to this file/folder", Descr VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "brief name or description, for choice lists", PRIMARY KEY(`ID`)
) ENGINE = InnoDB;</mysql>
Information about previous version:
- Purpose: Stores complete information about where files are found and how they can be accessed; sort of a mini-FileFerret.
- Future: This table only manages paths for one particular access method, i.e. the web (and only for read-only access). In the future we might have another table which gives methods for modifying (moving, renaming, adding, deleting) files. Ideally different methods would be consolidated into one more general-purpose table, but this is a task-specific table, so we're not going to do that. Maybe that functionality will be handled by FileFerret, and this app will simply provide links to integrate with that.
<mysql> ID_Parent INT DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "base for this spec",</mysql>