User:Woozle/2017/08/16/https subdomain issue
The .conf file for vbz.net apparently needed to be rebuilt. Through VirtualMin, I removed SSL support from vbz.net, then added it back in; this seems to have fixed the problem via wireless (and yes, I can confirm that the connection is using IPv6 -- which also breaks my session table just a bit, so it's GOOD that this happened).
Somehow, the link to /etc/apache2/sites-available/vbz.net.conf in sites-enabled had been replaced by an actual file, so updates to the sites-available version were not actually being implemented. I replaced the file with the proper link, reloaded Apache, and everything started working properly.
With my cellphone connection, however, the problem remains.
At first, this only happened when trying to access the site via my cell connection; at home, everything worked fine.
As of today, the problem seems to have propagated to my home connection as well (though this may be because of the config fix I tried).
The problem is that while http://vbz.net brings up the correct web site, https://vbz.net responds as if I have requested https://cloud.vbz.net (which is on the same server, configured through Virtualmin as a subdomain of vbz.net).
This does not seem to be browser-dependent. Here are results from wget:
woozle@SamEagle:~/scratch$ wget https://vbz.net/admin --no-check-certificate --2017-08-16 18:45:17-- https://vbz.net/admin Resolving vbz.net (vbz.net)... 188.8.131.52, 2604:a880:400:d0::14c7:1 Connecting to vbz.net (vbz.net)|184.108.40.206|:443... connected. WARNING: no certificate subject alternative name matches requested host name ‘vbz.net’. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found 2017-08-16 18:45:18 ERROR 404: Not Found.
Trying the same thing from Firefox shows that the certificate it receives is correct for cloud.vbz.net; if you ignore the mismatch, you get content from https://cloud.vbz.net.
...and here's what that wget request looks like on the server side:
==> ./cloud.vbz.net_access_log <== 220.127.116.11 - - [16/Aug/2017:22:45:18 +0000] "GET /admin HTTP/1.1" 404 4590 "-" "Wget/1.17.1 (linux-gnu)"
So clearly Apache has somehow decided that I'm requesting cloud.vbz.net when I request vbz.net -- but only when I request it through https.