Union Baptist Church (Durham, NC)
Union Missionary Baptist Church of Durham, NC purchased the historic Royal Ice Cream store in 2004NO1 and demolished it on or before August 8ED1, 2006. They are apparently planning to build a church-based school on the site, towards which they are receiving a $75,107 grantED2 (from where?).
- Address: 904 N. Roxboro Rd. 27701
- 2007-06-23 "NO1" Sit-in made civil rights history by Jim Wise
- 2006-12-07 "ED1" Royal Ice Cream / Charlie Dunham's: refers to the church as "Union Missionary Baptist Church"; this appears to be in error
- 2006-09-19 "ED2" Demolition Payoff: referenced Herald-Sun article is 404
- 2007-06-18 CITY OF DURHAM ORDER PERMANENTLY CLOSING A 125.58 LINEAR FOOT UNNAMED ALLEY OFF CORPORATION STREET AND A 178.04 LINEAR FOOT PORTION OF AN UNNAMED ALLEY OFF GURLEY STREET (SC07-02) (on the block to the northeast of the church), possibly for the purpose of "Recombination of Adjacent Parcels property of Union Missionary Baptist Church"
- 2007-01-27 Speech delivered on January 15, 2007, at Union Baptist Church by Mukhtar Raqib, NCCU Student and Elliott Wolf, Duke Student Government President