An apparent gas explosion destroyed the Studebaker / Prescient building on North Duke Street in Downtown Durham.
The explosion was felt as far away as Chapel Hill, according to a Tweet televised on WRAL.
- https://twitter.com/malloryfoutch/status/1115980502706675713 - photo from skyscraper
- https://twitter.com/AlertDurham/status/1115986090551279621 - photo from ground
- looks like it was the Studebaker Building on Duke St.
- https://twitter.com/iReadWriteSail/status/1115984870260473856 - smoke seen from a distance
- https://twitter.com/iReadWriteSail/status/1115979772117561344 - smoke seen from a distance
- https://twitter.com/huthphoto/status/1115980786786811907 - smoke seen from a distance
- WRAL News live coverage of downtown Durham gas explosion (video collection)
- Nextdoor: Loud Noise and Shake? (restricted access)
- 10:04 https://www.facebook.com/kaffeinatenc/photos/a.152921528644617/373422303261204/?type=3&theater - Kaffeinate announces they are closed
- 10:15 https://twitter.com/CityofDurhamNC/status/1115981692169326599
- 10:23 I have confirmation from Durham Police that there was a gas leak trying to be contained and caused the explosion. The cafe called Kaffeinate has been completely destroyed
- 10:28 https://twitter.com/CityofDurhamNC/status/1115984978171564043
- 10:30 https://twitter.com/CityofDurhamNC/status/1115985406405881856