Jump to navigation Jump to search
- William H. Bunch, CPA, PA: professional accounting, consulting, and tax
- Automotive Wireless/Computer/Camera Equipment Installers:
- Alpha Install LLC: Alpha Install provides nationwide deployment logistic services to resellers, manufacturers and wireless carriers. These include the installation of technology and communication equipment into vehicle fleets and remote commercial sites.
- ZipCar: a somewhat less hassle-prone arrangement than standard car rental
- Bank of North Carolina: (formerly Harrington Bank), two locations; locally owned; online banking
- Back Alley Bikes: repairs and used bikes
- BBQ Jew: What happens when the "Chosen People" choose pork. North Carolina pork barbecue to be specific. Insightful restaurant and event reviews.
- Field Wireless: A Chapel Hill author's blog "Where Wireless Data Connects People, Controls Machines, and Links Grids."
- OrangePolitics.org: Ruby Sinreich and others
- Science and Politics: "Red-State Serbian Jewish atheist liberal PhD student with Thesis-writing block..." Bora Zivkovic's blog when he was at UNC; he now blogs at Scientific American
- Chapel Hill Comics (formerly Second Foundation Bookstore)
- Ultimate Comics: "new and old comic books, toys, games, trading cards and many other unique items"; also located in Durham
- United Church of Chapel Hill - LGBT-supportive
- USAT Corp.: USAT Corp. connects the Internet of Things. USAT deploys M2M wireless data communications for businesses to monitor, measure, and manage their remote assets, remote workers, and remote sites. Partnered with Sierra Wireless, Red Lion Sixnet, Digi Int'l, Encore, CalAmp, CradlePoint, Verizon, and AT&T for M2M modems and connectivity. Headquartered in Chapel Hill and locally owned.
- Express M2M: Cellular Data Network designed for Machine-to-Machine (M2M) connectivity. Express M2M's 3G/4G LTE/ XLTE network connects you with your remote assets, yielding #IoT device visibility for cost savings, improved productivity & new revenue sources. Based in Chapel Hill, with service across 50 states.
- Crochann Designs: handmade crocheted and knitted items
- 501 Diner - venerable Carolina bistro run by Jeff Owens. Sold to an investor and closed several years later.
- Margaret's Cantina - southwestern cuisine; seasonal, local, fresh; "one of the first participants in the County's recycling and food waste-composting collection programs". Timberlyne Shiopping Center
- The Ramshead Rathskellar In a state of remission, i.e. closed. The site is being completely renovated with the hopes of bringing a new 'Rat' to Franklin Street.
Distributors - Wholesale
- RealTime Ops: RealTimeOps is an authorized wholesale value added distributor of Sierra Wireless AirLink, CradlePoint, Digi International, Sixnet, Poynting, and other wireless data communications products with provisioning services on Sprint, AT&T, and Verizon.
- Grade School
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (main campus)
Fabric & Fibercraft
- A Southern Season: Gourmet food and kitchen items, as well as Weathervane Restaurant, a cooking school, and a cafe.
- The Cackalacky Classic Condiment Company A "notable" sauce from Chapel Hill, now with tangy Beer-B-Que nuts and other snacks.
- Hill Country Woodworks: distinctive handmade furniture
- Town of Chapel Hill Information
- Orange County GIS Land & Property Maps
- Town Services
- Leaf Collection An interactive map showing streets scheduled for leaf collection.
- Weaver Community Housing Association: housing co-operative
- Urgent Care / Walk-in
- Chapel Hill Urgent Care: M-Sa 8am-8pm, Su 11am-5pm
- Family/General Practitioners
- The Chapel Hill News: Chapel Hill section of The News & Observer
- Home Construction
- Alpha Install LLC: Alpha Install provides nationwide deployment logistic services to resellers, manufacturers and wireless carriers. These include the installation of technology and communication equipment into vehicle fleets and remote commercial sites. Also locally located in Pittsboro
- Analytical Consultants: Diverse appraisal and consulting services to financial institutions, government agencies, attorneys and private developers.
- Kissberry: UNC Undergraduate Student