The system cannot log you on now because the domain is not available
Jump to navigation Jump to search
"The system cannot log you on now because the domain domain is not available" is an error message in Microsoft Windows XP.
- Symptom: Computer happily joins domain, but then shows this message when you try to log in to that domain. Logging in to the local computer still works fine.
- Possible fix: Run a repair installation (requires XP install CD)
- Did not get to try this; found solution below first.
- Solution: Log in to the domain as Administrator. Log out, then log in as regular user.
- If it won't let you log in as Administrator either, then obviously this won't work.
- I don't know why this worked when I tried it.
- 2006-10-26 Microsoft Support Article ID 824302 applies to Windows 2000