"The system cannot log you on now because the domain domain is not available" is an error message in Microsoft Windows XP.
- Symptom: Computer happily joins domain, but then shows this message when you try to log in to that domain. Logging in to the local computer still works fine.
- Possible fix: Run a repair installation (requires XP install CD)
- Did not get to try this; found solution below first.
- Solution: Log in to the domain as Administrator. Log out, then log in as regular user.
- If it won't let you log in as Administrator either, then obviously this won't work.
- I don't know why this worked when I tried it.