Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is an encryption technology used for providing secure connections over computer networks, especially the World Wide Web. In particular, it is used in the https protocol.
- Certificate Authority File
- Certificate Chain File: looks like this is a concatenation of the certificates which form a chain from your domain back to the root.
- It's not clear whether they need to be in order or not.
- It's not clear whether this terminology is HSphere-specific or in general usage.
- Apparently the root certificate can be included but is optional.