|CWRE .. HTYP .. Issuepedia|
Nextdoor (ND) is a "hyperlocal" social network web site which encourages local discussion through partitioning it off geographically. Members are required to provide their home address at sign-up time, in order to facilitate this, and the "neighborhood" to which each user belongs (according to ND's mapping) is shown with their posts and on their profile.
See Issuepedia for issues around Nextdoor as a platform and company.
- /tech: technical details
- main site
- Nextdoor Neighborhood Teams forum
- help docs:
- About Sharing
- Visibility on Posts Made to Anyone
- Group admins and moderation: names circumstances under which a Group might be removed
- About Nextdoor Leads "Leads are neighbors who are especially dedicated to their neighborhood and are committed to helping to cultivate a strong and healthy community on Nextdoor. They are neighbors like other members, except they have been granted additional capabilities to help their neighborhood run more smoothly."
- 2021-07-06 Nextdoor, the neighborhood network, to become a publicly-traded company through merger with Khosla Ventures Acquisition Co. II - Nextdoor goes public (IPO)
- GitHub: appears to be (libre?) code used by Nextdoor, rather than code for Nextdoor itself
- 2022-04-16 (login required): some semi-official details of unwritten Nextdoor policy