Microsoft Common Dialog Control
It is, however, not very well documented, and the ActiveX interface does not display the names of some of the crucial identifiers.
When you create a control of this type, the actual properties and methods are accessed via "ControlName.Object.MemberName".
- .Filter: a delimited text string which specifies the filename filters to apply when displaying the file listing. The format is semicolons.
- .FileName: returns the name(s) of the file(s) selected. If a single file was selected, it returns the filespec. If multiple files were selected, then it is a demarcated list within a single string; items are separated by a null character (Chr(0)):
- The first item is the full path to the directory occupied by the selected files
- Each subsequent item is a filename only, no path
- Mask can be either a single wildcarded filemask (as used in DOS directory listings) or a list of masks separated by semicolons.
<vb> Me.axCmnDlg.Object.Filter = "All Files (*.*)|*.*|Web Image Files (png/jpg/gif)|*.png;*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.gif" </vb>