Jump to navigation Jump to search
Platform Openness Questions
- Can I now run OSX on a machine I put together (or bought elsewhere)?
- Yes, but with great difficulty; see links. Such machines are commonly referred to as "hackintosh"es
- Can OSX be purchased separately from Apple hardware?
- Unknown... but it is commonly understood that Apple makes most of its Mac profits from marking up the price of the hardware.
- If the hardware breaks, can I buy replacement parts from my local non-brand-specific PC parts store?
- Are there hardware diagnostic tools readily available for OSX?
- If I lose track of my OSX installation CD, can I download a new copy off the internet without buying it again?