Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lyon Park refers to two adjacent areas in Durham, NC: a city park, and the community center on the hill above (to the east of) the park.
This is a growing seedling article. You can help HTYP by watering it.
The community center's official address is either 1309 or 1313 Halley Street 27707, though searches often turn up 1103 Cornell St.; the building's main entrance is on the south side of Halley Street, between Fairview Street and Kent Street.
- Lyon Park Clinic (Suite 137)
- After-school programs
- Many of Durham Parks & Recreation's summer camps are held there
This area of Durham appears to be poorly mapped:
- Both Google Maps and Yahoo Maps show Halley Street as connecting with Carroll Street to the west; it actually dead-ends just below Fairview, and there is a paved bike/foot path through the woods to Carroll.
- Google Maps also shows that the eastern end of Halley is named Cobb; I'm not sure if there is any truth to this.
- Directions to Duke University's Center for Child and Family Policy state that the parking lot is to the left of the building; the parking lot is actually across Halley Street from the building.
- 2002-10-25: New Community Center Welcomes Lyon Park Families
- archive of the Lyon Park Neighborhood Association web site