Leawo Video Converter
This page was originally posted anonymously to the HypertWiki. It didn't really belong there, so it may have been posted by a 'bot as part of a spam campaign; on the other hand the HypertWiki did at one time contain such content, so it may have been an honest mistake. Also, the post was done in several edits with human-like intervals (1-3 minutes) between them, so it may have been a legitimate attempt to post useful information.
Be on the watch for content about this product appearing in other inappropriate places, however. I recommend looking for independent reviews before using or buying this product. A virus scan would also be a good idea if you download it. --Woozle 11:24, 12 March 2010 (UTC)
Leawo Video Converter is proprietary software for converting between multiple video, audio, and image formats. It covers over 30 most popular formats and more than 100 profiles to differentiate the conversion output. The program provides manual codec settings for professional use and multiple video edit features for video enhancement.
A major target audience is users of portable media players such as iPod, iPhone, PSP, PS3, BlackBerry, Zune, Xbox, etc. who wish to convert existing media into formats usable by those players.
Input - WMV, ASF, WMA, AVI, RMVB, RM, RA, MOV, QT, MP4, M4V, DV, 3GP, 3G2, DAT, MPG, MPEG, MP3, VOB, FLV, MKV, MKA, F4V
A default "All Files" option is provided for probably supported but currently unknown formats. The program will prompt upon failure to input.
- Video: ASF, AVI, DV, VOB, FLV, MOV, MP4, RMVB, MPG, TS, DAT, WMV, MKV, 3GP, 3G2
- Audio: AAC, AC3, AIFF, AMR, M4A, MP2, MP3, OGG, RA, AU, WAV, WMA, MKA, FLAC
- Image: JPEG, THM, BMP
Images are output through screen capture/conversion process.
Available profiles for devices
iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, Wii and DS, Mobile Phones, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Dell Axim, Pocket PC, HP iPAQ, Archos AV500, Archos AV700, iRiver PMP, Zune, Xbox
- Video preview and screen capture,
- Codec selections and settings,
- Picture deinterlacing,
- Video edit functions in merge, effect, trim, crop, logo and text,
- Batch encoding and multiprocessing.
Basic system requirements
- Windows XP/Vista/Win7
- 1GHz Intel/AMD processor or above
256MB Memory (512MB recommended)
512MB hard disc space or above
Microsoft DirectX 8.1 or above
Functionality crippled in trial copy
The program will force a watermark on the conversion output.
- Leawo DVD Ripper, a converter program dedicated in DVD to video conversion
- Leawo FLV Converter, a converter program specified in FLV to video conversion
- Sometimes registration fails mostly because the attempt to register a trial copy with a purchase key. The solution is to download the purchase copy of the program.
- If the program prompts problems during the conversion, it is probably the video codec is not properly installed or configured. The solution is to install the K-lite codec pack during the program setup or manually otherwise.