Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kdenlive is a non-linear video editor. It uses more or less the standard software video editing interface.
- Audio envelope drawing is available through a plug-in; this should be automatic, or easier to find
- All effects should have drawable envelopes for mixing in/out
- Mix down to track (preferably with audio/video only as an option)
- Better diagnostics -- when video renders with no audio, there should be an error message explaining why
- Export project to (and import project from) open format (so can move project between different editors, to the extent that their models are compatible)
- e.g. Kdenlive and OpenShot use almost identical models, so projects should be portable between them
- Use relative paths for media files (where possible; where not possible, offer to move them into a local working folder) so projects are more easily portable.