Jump to navigation Jump to search
- How do you restart the taskbar?
- If the entire Plasma desktop has crashed, then you need to restart that; see below.
- If only the taskbar is missing (probably been closed accidentally rather than crashed), it's not clear if there's a good way to recover its exact prior configuration, but you can recreate it by right-clicking the desktop and selecting "add panel" and then adding appropriate widgets to the panel.
- According to this, you may be able to restore the default taskbar by typing "rm ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma*" and restarting plasma.
- How do you restart the Plasma desktop?
- From a command prompt, run the command "plasma-desktop". To get a command prompt without a terminal, press Alt-F2.
- Another suggestion is to type "killall plasma" and then "plasma" at a command prompt; when I tried running "plasma", however, I got a message that there was no such command. Possibly different revisions of KDE4 usa different commands?
- Source: Ubuntu Forums