Cardinal Self-Storage South
The South location of Cardinal Self-Storage on Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway in Durham, NC, just off the American Tobacco Trail, has one unusual feature which deserves comment: the sign facing toward Fayetteville Road always seems to have amusing things posted. Some samples, starting in mid-2006:
- INTERRUPTING COW SAYS MOO!
- BOO CREEPY FOOT DOCTOR
- DYSLEXICS OF THE WORLD UNTIE
- IDIOTS OF THE WORLD IGNITE
- APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD (October 2006)
- TINSEL IS REALLY A SNAKE MIRROR (December 2006)
- GOOD MORNING IS AN OXYMORON (April 2007)
There may have been a change of management in mid-2007, as the last few messages have been more like advertisements.
- address: 519 MLK, Jr. Pkwy / 27713
- phone: 919-572-6777
These prices were current in the summer of 2006:
- 5 x 5 - $55
- 5 x 10 - $70
- 10 x 10 - $90
- 10 x 15 - $105
As of August 2007, the sign says that they will soon have a large climate-controlled block of units available.