Cardinal Self-Storage South
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The south Durham location of Cardinal Self-Storage is on Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway, just off the American Tobacco Trail.
- address: 519 MLK, Jr. Pkwy / 27713
- phone: 919-572-6777
For a stretch of 2-3 years starting in mid-2006 or earlier, the sign facing toward Fayetteville Road had a series of amusing things posted, including:
- INTERRUPTING COW SAYS MOO!
- BOO CREEPY FOOT DOCTOR
- DYSLEXICS OF THE WORLD UNTIE
- IDIOTS OF THE WORLD IGNITE
- APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD (October 2006)
- TINSEL IS REALLY A SNAKE MIRROR (December 2006)
- GOOD MORNING IS AN OXYMORON (April 2007)
There may have been a change of management in mid-2007, as the messages after that were more like advertisements. As of August 2007, the sign began announcing a large climate-controlled block of units to be available "soon". (The units actually became available in late 2009 or early 2010.)
These prices were current in the summer of 2006:
- 5 x 5 - $55
- 5 x 10 - $70
- 10 x 10 - $90
- 10 x 15 - $105
As of 2010, the prices have gone up about $5.