This page will eventually need to include a lot more information, but for now the basic setup procedure is:
- Clone the VbzCart Git repository at
[firstname.lastname@example.org:woozalia/VbzCart.gitinto a folder of your choice, which we'll call <vbz-base>.
- Copy the
<vbz-base>/configfolder to a location outside of
- We'll call this new location <local-config>.
- My standard location for this is
- Rename the
- Modify each file to match your local environment, according to instructions in each file.
- Optional: modify files in
- Install Ferreteria
- Set up database and tables (instructions to be written)
Some specifics of how I usually set things up these days, giving examples from the dev instance I'm setting up as I type this:
- <$HOME> is the home folder of the virtual domain's user account
- <$USER> is the system user that Apache will run as
- <$WEB> is the base folder of files that will be served to the web
You'll need to have <$USER>'s account set up with an ssh key that can access GitLab. At least, I think that's the requirement. It might be more GitLab-project-specific.
Run these commands in a terminal on your web server:
- cd <$HOME>
- su <$USER>
- mkdir site
- cd site
- mkdir git
- cd git
- git clone email@example.com:woozalia/VbzCart.git
- cd ..
- mkdir config
- cd config
- cp -R ../git/VbzCart/config vbzcart
- mv vbzcart/examples vbzcart/local
- ln -rs vbzcart/local/index.php ~/public_html/index.php
Modify the files in
vbzcart/local as needed to match your local environment. (If you use the same structure I'm using here,
index.php will not need modification.) This will require having a database set up so you can get the appropriate connection credentials to put in