Central Park School for Children
Central Park School for Children is a Charter School within the Durham, NC Public School system. Their status as a charter school exempts them from many of the school system's rules, and their approach to education is "child-centered" and rather more flexible than traditional-style schools within the system. Class sizes are also smaller. The main downside is that admission is by lottery, so it can be difficult to get in; they are, however, expanding to help meet demand. They are also (Fall, 2005) in the process of adding a middle school.
- Central Park School for Children official web site
- 2005-05-24 The Hypertwins: our experience at CPSC with Harena's youngest, Benjamin, has been very positive since he switched to CPSC near the end of spring semester 2005. We continue to be impressed by the contrast between the public school's handling of Benjamin (who was officially diagnosed with ADHD shortly after joining CPSC) and CPSC's handling of him. (Updated 08-29; still current as of 11-15)
- 2005-11-15 CPSC Middle School Interest Survey: CPSC is looking at the idea of opening a middle school.
- CPSC Expectation Guide from the 2005 Parent Handbook packet
- portable cd/tape players for the teachers
- a VCR
- an old IBM selectric or similiar typewriter for the business office.