Annamaria's Pizza House
Annamaria's Pizza House, also known as just "Annamaria's" as well as "Bat's" (after Annamaria's husband Bartholamew), was apparently the first pizza restaurant in Durham, NC. It originally opened in Annamaria's and Bat's home at 901 6th Street (now Clarendon), on the northwest corner of 6th and B streets (now Clarendon and Green), in 1958. It moved to 107 Albemarle Street some years later (probably early 1960s), where it remained until 1986.
- 2008-04-16 ANNAMARIA'S PIZZA: includes pictures and, in the comments, an extensive history assembled in 1996.