Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Purpose: Tracks charges to clients and amounts received in payment, making it possible to generate statements.
- 2016-10-18 initial design
- 2016-10-19 some more timestamps
- 2016-10-20 void timestamp
- 2016-10-23 Decided, for multiple reasons, that "owed to us" should be positive and "paid to us" should be negative.
- Reasons: (1) Name of table is "charge", not "payment"; (2) statement makes more sense in terms of amounts owed to us.
<mysql>CREATE TABLE `charge` (
`ID` INT(4) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `ID_Proj` INT(4) NOT NULL COMMENT "Project to which this session applies", `WhenCreated` DATETIME NOT NULL COMMENT "when this record was created", `WhenEdited` DATETIME DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "when this record was last edited", `WhenEffect` DATETIME NOT NULL COMMENT "effective date of the charge", `WhenConfirm` DATETIME DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "when this charge was confirmed", `WhenVoided` DATETIME DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "when this charge was voided", `Amount` DECIMAL(9,2) NOT NULL COMMENT "charge amount (pos = owed to us, neg = payment to us)", `Sort` DECIMAL(7,4) DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "sorting order for multiple charges on same date", `Code` VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "identifying numbers, with a prefix (CHK, INVC...)", `ID_Invc` INT(4) DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "invoice ID, where applicable", `Descr` TEXT DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "charge summary, for statements", `Notes` TEXT DEFAULT NULL COMMENT "internal notes, for reference", PRIMARY KEY(`ID`)