The host key for this server was not found, but another type of key exists.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The complete error message is:
- The host key for this server was not found, but another type of key exists.
- An attacker might change the default server key to confuse your client into thinking the key does not exist.
- Please contact your system administrator.
We don't know exactly what causes this problem, nor have we found any solution that works all the time, but the odds are good that one of the following will:
- Remove references to the given hostname (where you're trying to do "ssh <user>@<host>" or "sftp://<user>@<host>") from your local ~/.ssh/known_hosts
- Use fish:// instead of sftp://.
- Example of this not working: 2011-02-12 (KDE 4.6.0 / openSUSE 11.3)