Secure Sockets Layer
from HTYP, the free directory anyone can edit if they can prove to me that they're not a spambot
AboutSecure Sockets Layer (SSL) is an encryption technology used for providing secure connections over computer networks, especially the World Wide Web. In particular, it is used in the https protocol.
- Certificate Authority File
- Certificate Chain File: looks like this is a concatenation of the certificates which form a chain from your domain back to the root.
- It's not clear whether they need to be in order or not.
- It's not clear whether this terminology is HSphere-specific or in general usage.
- Apparently the root certificate can be included but is optional.
- openssl is the command-line program for managing SSL data
- Apache web server/SSL: configuring SSL with Apache
- OptimumSSL: starting at $15
- 2014-11-18 Launching in 2015: A Certificate Authority to Encrypt the Entire Web -- Let's Encrypt
- shares: EFF@Google+